General Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy focuses on the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunction, injury, or disease. The musculoskeletal system is made up of the muscles, bones and nerves that contribute to human movement.
Conditions we treat:
- Back and neck pain
- Balance and coordination problems
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- Fall prevention
- General orthopedic injuries
- Joint pain
- Post-cancer conditioning and rehabilitation
- Post-operative rehabilitation
- Posture problems
- Pre-natal and post-partum issues
- Sports-related injuries
- Sprains, strains, fractures, and nerve entrapments
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction
- Trauma and serious injuries (motor vehicle accident, industrial injury)
- Vestibular rehabilitation
Movement for Life physical therapists are licensed in their state of practice. 40% of our licensed physical therapists are board-certified in a specialty area of practice, whereas the national average is 13%. We are very proud to have professionals who have demonstrated the motivation and ability to distinguish themselves as advanced clinicians in the specialized field of physical therapy.
The following procedures, combined with personalized treatment plans, assist in the healing process and accelerate recovery times.
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Joint mobilization
- Muscle energy techniques
- Myofascial release/massage
- Gait training
- Therapeutic exercise & activities
We have a wide array of modalities available to assist with the rehabilitative process. Modalities are used minimally, as a complement to the procedures listed above.
- Electrical stimulation
- Moist heat packs
- Ice packs/ice massage